Category 2: Best Mobile Services
2c. Best Advertising or Marketing on Mobile
Mobile advertising is widely recognised as a significant opportunity for brands, advertisers and publishers to engage consumers in a targeted, responsible and contextual manner improving responses to campaigns and extending audiences to new territories. The aim of the Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing on Mobile award is to recognise creative, brand and marketing leadership, showcasing ‘hot’ campaigns that are driving the emergence of this new sector. From entry level campaigns through to fully integrated cross channel advertising i.e. from the use of text or multimedia messaging on feature phones to sophisticated in-app advertising, branded content, barcodes and integration with social media on smartphones, this category highlights excellence in the use of the mobile medium to target and reach customers in innovative, compelling new ways.
The shortlist will be published by the GSMA in January 2013, and one winner in each category will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 26th February 2013.
The category is open to advertising or marketing agencies, mobile operators and brand owners, content aggregators, and traditional media outlets that have deployed effective mobile marketing or advertising campaigns. Joint entries from brand owners/ advertising agencies/mobile operators are welcome.
The entered campaign must have been launched in at least one or more market by the awards deadline of Friday 30th November 2012. Please provide evidence to support this such as launch date of the campaign, including details of markets or countries or regions where it has been used, together with evidence of the campaign’s success.
The judges will be looking at how well the entered campaign meets the key criteria, as follows:
- What were the objectives of the campaign, how well did it meet its targets?
- How the entry demonstrates creativity and high quality production relative to the small screen format
- How the entry leverages the unique characteristics of the mobile medium, and/or integrates with other media, e.g. online, to achieve its objectives
- Innovative conveyance of the key advertising message
- Demonstrates responsible approaches to protecting users from unwanted, obtrusive or offensive content
- Interactive response rates achieved as part of the trial or campaign
- Evidence of audience impact e.g. evidence of market success
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
Entrants are expected to submit on line supporting materials illustrating their specific advertising campaign.
This year, the submission of video to support your entry/entries is very positively encouraged. You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between 3 and 5 minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found easily (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload 5 additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration PDF for customer testimonials etc, JPEG for photos or PowerPoint for diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two.
Specific Entry Form Questions for this category:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of Entry form Questions:
- What is the name of your advertising or marketing campaign on mobile? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25words)
- What are/were the stated objectives of the campaign? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- When was the campaign launched, and in which markets has it been deployed so far? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- How did/does it best leverage the mobile medium, and/or integrate with other media e.g. online, to achieve its objectives? (1500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What is the scale of the campaign in terms of target market audience? (1500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What is new, innovative or unique about this campaign? What forms of ad inventory were utilised? (1500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Please describe how the campaign was effectively measured, and also steps taken to ensure it was delivered in an unobtrusive way (1500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Please provide specific impact evidence to demonstrate the success of the campaign against these objectives, such as audience response, increased brand awareness downloads or other measurement criteria (1500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use URLs when they are specific/ relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.