Category 2: Best Mobile Services
2b. Best Consumer Mobile Service
The Best Consumer Mobile Service award aims to recognise cross-platform browser-based mobile websites (note – not stand alone apps) and mobile services for users in the areas of for example; entertainment, including music, video, social media, games and gaming, as well as shopping, cloud based storage and streaming services, messaging, location based services, mobile banking and more.
In other words, this category is for easy to access, simple to use, traditional mobile web services for feature phones or smartphones that require no download or installation, can utilize ‘common platform’ solutions, can be found and accessed via search engines, links and blogs, let you link from your mobile site to other websites, and where the customer universe is anyone with Internet access.
There is a separate category for network centric and network platform delivered services. These services should be entered in Category 2d Best Network product or Solution for Serving Customers.
The shortlist will be published by the GSMA in January 2013, and one winner in each category will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 26th February 2013.
This category is open to companies and organisations that develop or deliver mobile websites and services for consumers. These may include:
- Mobile Network Operators
- Mobile Web Developers
- Content providers
- Content providers and portal developers
This category is for commercially available services that have been launched and are available in at least one market by the awards entry deadline of Friday 30th November 2012.
Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as launch date of the product or service, including details of countries or regions where the service is available.
Entries will be judged on the following main criteria:
- How easy is it to access and use?
- What are the unique aspects and benefits to individual users?
- International/cross platform applicability
- Evidence of customer satisfaction against objectives
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
This year, the submission of video to support your entry/entries is very positively encouraged. You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between three and five minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found easily (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload five additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration PDF for customer testimonials etc, JPEG for photos or PowerPoint for technical diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two.
Specific Entry Form Questions for this category:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of entry form questions:
- What is the website url or brand name of your entered consumer mobile service? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25words)
- Please describe as simply as possible, the nature of the service and what it provides i.e. music, social networking, banking, gaming etc. Please describe it as accurately and succinctly as possible (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- When was it commercially launched? In which markets is it currently available? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- If this product or service is a new release or update to an existing version, please explain the key differences and advances available in this release compared to the previous version. Please note that it is only the new release enhanced features or functions that the judges will consider (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- Please describe the key user benefits? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- How does it provide unique value for your customers, what makes it different from a stand-alone app? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What is your target market and marketing objectives for it, and how has it performed against these objectives? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What features specifically make it easy to access and use? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about it? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use one URL that is specific and relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.