1f. Best Use of Mobile for Travel, Leisure & Hospitality
Mobile is changing the way people plan and book travel, hospitality and leisure events as well as enjoy the plethora of online, onsite, planning, booking and live experiences.
From airlines to hotels, event venues and to all forms of accommodation and transport increasingly more customers are accessing information and content through smartphones and tablets, which are driving new customer acquisition, building loyalty and enhancing convenience. Breakthroughs in mobile technology are not only challenging conventional customer behaviour but transforming the travel, entertainment, tourism and hospitality industry.
This award seeks to identify mobile based innovation in terms of the travel and hospitality segment, from inspiration, booking and review platforms, to in-transit information, service innovation, data management, CRM, simple transactions and the introduction of user focused capabilities, as well as integration with social media etc.
SapientNitro for Lufthansa Apple Watch App
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile, travel, leisure, tourist and hospitality/event ecosystems that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy or be accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation specifically that the entry is operating and available during and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities.
- Airlines, Rail, Marine and Transport companies
- Hotels, Travel and Tour operators and agencies
- Leisure and Entertainment Facilities and Agents
- Corporate Travel and Incentive/Reward / Experience providers
- Trusted Service Providers and Agencies
- Application or Software Developers
- Mobile Networks and Equipment manufacturers (in partnership with any of the above
- Inspiration, booking and review platforms
- In-transit information, service innovation
- Data management & Cloud applications
- CRM, transactions and user focused capabilities
- Tour applications and services
- Innovative use of Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality technologies
- Logistics, Resource and Operational Management solutions & Services
- Wearable Technologies, Devices & associated apps
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation in terms of functionality, and mobile technology utilized or deployed,
- Business Models and Market potential
- Usability: How simple, easy and intuitive is it to use?
- How it taps into new market segments and opportunities
- How it utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible via mobile technologies
- How it streamlines or enhances experiences
- How it fulfils the needs of travellers and guests (corporate & consumer), with new levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Evidence of user take up and market success and demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and (up to Year end) 2016
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the brand or name of your Best Use of Mobile for Travel, Leisure & Hospitality? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry, including what travel, leisure, event, tourist or hospitality challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implementation and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- How does the mobile (or cellular) aspect technically work? (approx. 250 words)
- Please describe what you regard as genuinely innovative about the entry? (approx. 250 words)
- How does it streamline, simplify or enhance the guest experience? (approx. 250 words)
- Please explain the business model, success achieved so far or the market potential or scalability you foresee? (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide evidence of impact (customer take up, ROI, efficiencies achieved etc) since launch? (approx. 250 words)