1e. Best Use of Mobile for Retail, Brands & Commerce
Mobile services are playing a pivotal role in driving dynamic new levels of brand engagement, interaction and activation, as well as bolstering physical traffic into traditional retail outlets to ensure that high streets and malls survive and thrive.
Well-designed retail experiences through mobile, combined with robust retail & commerce services are forging deeper and wider relationships with audiences, driving local economies and enabling new opportunities for innovation. Quite simply, mobile has become one of the strongest retail channels available.
Covering a broad range of services, applications, promotions, campaigns and initiatives, this mobile commerce and brand engagement category invites innovative submissions that could range from the use of mobile in couponing and loyalty, inventory management, distribution and operational logistics to brand campaigns, social media, browsing, trying, buying, online and in-store experiences.
The award aims to showcase the provision of compelling online, digital and in-store experiences that build customer trust and confidence and the success of many other facets of mobile commerce.
Point Inside for StoreMode™
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile (cellular) and Retail, Brand and Commerce ecosystems that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy be accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically that the entry is operating and available during and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships.
- Retailers and Commercial Institutions
- Consumer brands, Creative and promotional agencies
- Digital Interaction agencies
- Entertainment providers, parking providers, restaurateurs and all other merchants
- Mobile Network Operators
- Loyalty & Coupon service providers
- Transport companies & authorities in partnership with retailers and brands
- Application and Software Developers
- Entries that have been developed as a result of partnerships between Operators and retail organisations and others are welcomed as joint entries.
- Loyalty, Coupon, Incentives & Reward services
- Brand experiential, Promotion & Media apps
- In-store promotions, experiences, transactions & activation tools
- Online reservation and purchase of goods
- Concierge, VIP & Personal Shopper services
- Information, travel, transport & traffic platforms
- Consumer Data analytics, Market Research, Trends & Analysis tools
- Use of Wearables technologies & Devices
- Delivery, Logistics & tracking services
Entries for the Best Use of Mobile for Retail, Brands & Commerce category will be judged on the following main criteria:
- The entry is new or genuinely innovative & different from similar services deployed today
- It provides a simple to understand proposition and trusted experience for users
- Is reliable, consistent and provides value and genuine benefits to the user
- Entries must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies
- Judges will expect to see evidence of user take up
- Compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory codes of practice and especially respect the privacy and security of subscribers and consumers etc.
Entries must demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and (up to Year end) 2016
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
Preview of Entry Form Questions:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your entry to the Best Use of Mobile for Retail, Brands & Commerce category? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials & publicity (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry, including what challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it actually work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implementation and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- Please explain what is genuinely innovative about the entry? What is new or unique about it?
- What are the key benefits for users as a result? (approx. 250 words)
- In which ways does it provide good value for all the parties in the transaction? (approx. 250 words)
- Please illustrate how your entry has been developed as an integrated experience across online, mobile and physical channels? e.g. through use of social media. (approx. 250 words)
- Give details on how the entry provides privacy and a personal experience for users? (approx. 250 words)