1d. Best Mobile Payment Solution
Mobile payment solutions, applications and services are rolling out around the world and bringing a host of innovative ‘cashless’ mobile services to users for the first time. From retail and online payments for mobile banking, ticketing and transport to a host of other credit and payment solutions, the opportunities for the financial services sector in partnership with the mobile industry are limitless, as are the benefits of convenience and value for users.
The Best Mobile Payment Solution category recognises the scale and momentum behind convergence of the mobile and financial services sector, focused on innovative mobile development and roll-out.
We stress however that there is an emphasis on genuine innovation in the services and technology, or business models available in (and to the end of) 2016. We are also looking for how the product or service makes use of mobile capabilities, for example using the SIM Secure Element (SIM SE) for enhanced security of the product or service focused on SIM based NFC deployments.
Vodafone India for M-Pesa Ltd
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile payments and financial ecosystem that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy or be accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically that the entry is operating and available during and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities.
- Mobile Network Operators
- Banking Organisations
- Credit and Debit Solutions Providers
- Retail, merchants and other commercial entities
- E-commerce providers & Integrated system suppliers
- Transportation organisations
- Ticketing outlets & agencies
- Financial Application and Software Developers
- Mobile Device and Point of Sale/Terminal Manufacturers
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation: what’s new or genuinely innovative and different from other similar services on the market today?
- Simplicity: Is it a simple experience for consumers?
- Reliability: Is it a robust and consistent service with good value for the user?
- Availability: Is it available in one or more market today (entries must demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and up to Year end, 2016)
- Entries must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards
- Market Success: Is there evidence of user take up?
In assessing the entries in this category, judges will also take into account services and products that:
- Leverage relationships with operators in general as partners
- Take advantage of the banking grade security provided by the use of the (UICC) SIM as the secure element and platform for hosting secure data
- Demonstrate advantages of interoperable services across operators, service providers etc.
- Are delivered in a secure and trustworthy manner
- Respect the privacy and security of subscribers/consumers etc.
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
Preview of Entry Form Questions:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the brand or name of your Best Mobile Payment Solution entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry, including what financial challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it actually work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implementation and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- Please describe the specifics of why it is genuinely innovative? What is new or unique about the entry, and what are the key factors that make it special? (approx. 250 words)
- What are the main benefits for users? Include here elements of how it is seamless, simple and reliable for users. (approx. 250 words)
- How has it used mobile (phone, SIM or network) attributes in the development of the solution and explain why this has enhanced the mobile users experience (approx. 250 words)
- Please give additional background information to support your entry. For example, example, why is it good value for customers. (approx. 250 words)
- What evidence is there that a large user following has been established? (approx. 250 words)
What quality of service measurements are in place, what international standards and regulatory codes does it comply with etc? (approx. 250 words)