1a. Best Mobile Innovation for Health
The Best Mobile Innovation for Health Award recognises the broad range of innovation and advances in the growth and development of mobile connectivity to support the healthcare eco-system.
This includes all aspects of mobile medical healthcare products, services, solutions and applications that are emerging today, from de-centralised access to health services and remote diagnosis solutions, chronic disease management & healthcare monitoring to treatment compliance health coaching as well as everyday lifestyle apps for well-being and fitness.
The category highlights how, through mobile (or cellular) technology, one of the biggest challenges is being addressed today, that of how to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible to all.
Entries are welcome for mobile health, or mHealth, products, devices, solutions, services, applications and initiatives for innovative prevention, diagnosis, treatments and health system services as well as many others.
Etisalat for Etisalat “Drones for Good”
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile (cellular) & health ecosystem that provide products, devices, services, solutions, applications and initiatives. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically that the entry is operating and available during, and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities, such as public & private sector partnerships.
- Health institutions, such as hospitals, clinics and surgeries
- Health equipment manufacturers
- Health solution providers
- Mobile Network operators
- Mobile equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Application or Software Developers
- Chipset and module manufacturers
- Academic & Research Institutions
- Healthcare Retailers
- Advisory, medical information & hotline services
- Data hosting management & support
- Client education & behaviour change communication
- Sensors and point-of-care diagnostics & monitoring
- Biometric data capture, transmission and aggregation
- Hospital information systems, Healthcare centre services, applications and products
- Patient Relationship Management & customer care
- Maternity & other health services that support gender equality
- Mobile doctor analysis & treatment services via mobile video
- Content & Health access solutions
- Device Management & Supply
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation in terms of functionality, technology deployed, business models and market potential
- Usability: How simple/easy is it to use by key stakeholders?
- How it fulfils the needs of patients, medical professionals or health institutions with new levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Sustainability e.g. potential for long term growth and success
- Evidence of user take up and market success
Entries must be in “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and (up to Year end) 2016
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the brand or name of your Best Mobile Innovation for Health entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry and the challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it actually work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implementation and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during (to year end) 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies? (approx. 100 words)
- Why is it a breakthrough in healthcare? Please describe what you regard as innovative about the entry? (approx. 250 words)
- Please explain the business model and the market potential or vision you have for growth, as well as what makes it sustainable for the longer term? (approx. 250 words)
- What makes it simple to use and compelling as a new proposition for patients, medical professionals or health institutions? (approx. 250 words)
- What mobile (cellular) aspect does the entry utilize or support and how it works i.e. who or what is it designed to communicate between? How does it technically work? (approx. 250 words)
Please provide evidence of healthcare impact (safety, efficiency, cost, system, adoption) since launch or trial? (approx. 250 words)