6g. Outstanding Overall Mobile Technology – The CTO’s choice
Since the very first Global Mobile Awards in 1996, the Technology Category has been a mainstay of these, the most coveted of mobile industry awards. It has had a rich history of innovative winners from all over the globe and has included both big and small companies picking up the prize along the way.
The rapid and varied diversity of technology innovation in the mobile sector over the last few decades has been the lifeblood of the industry, making it one of the biggest in the world. Certainly no other single product touches as many people on the planet as Mobile.
A few years back the GSMA formed a special panel made up of Chief Technical Officers from sixteen mobile operators with representation from every continent. This panel of experts (which has grown to comprise more than twenty CTOs today) select the overall technology winner from the five best technology category winners.
For this reason, entries are not required for these categories of awards (see below).
ZTE for Pre5G Massive MIMO base station
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
The process is as follows: The winner from each of our five Best Technology categories (shown below) will be put before our panel of CTO judges to select what, in their opinion, is the Outstanding Overall Mobile Technology winner for 2017.
- Category 6a: Best Mobile Infrastructure
- Category 6b: Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough
- Category 6c: Best Technology Enabler
- Category 6d: Best Mobile Security or Anti-Fraud Product or Solution
- Category 6e. Outstanding Contribution for LTE Evolution to 5G
- Category 6f. Best IoT Innovation for Mobile Networks
The Overall Mobile Technology winner will stand as the ‘supreme’ champion of mobile technology for 2017 and as such be recognised with this special award which will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, during 27th February – 3rd March 2017.
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- In the opinion of the CTO judging panel, it has the potential for the greatest impact on the mobile industry
- The entry has stand-out credentials in innovation, customer experience enhancement, cost reductions, extending the mobile eco-system or improving Mobile Operator revenues
- The entry has some unique features and functions and displays some original thinking on behalf of the entrant
It’s just what we (as mobile networks) need right now!