2d. Best Mobile Network Solution for Serving Customers
This highly popular award category seeks to recognise the best network based platform or solution for delivering services and seamless access to mobile users. It highlights the critical importance of network delivered solutions and services which are rich and sophisticated, developed to offer outstanding services to the end user.
This award will be made to the best service platform or solution deployed in the mobile network. It recognises the contributions that middleware and software application developers make as well as the great variety of Value Added Service providers and Billing System vendors make to enhancing the service delivery environment and attracting new mobile users.
The entry may be delivered on new platforms or existing platforms in the network but must be network centric. Hosted platforms and services are eligible in this category as long as the elements form part of an extended mobile ‘network’.
Dialog Axiata PLC for Self-Care Application Framework
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all suppliers of equipment, software and technology platforms aimed at delivering services to the customer from the mobile network. The technology should be applicable to services offered on the mobile (or cellular) technologies based on open industry standards. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically that the entry is operating and available during and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities.
- Suppliers of products and services technologies in the Mobile environment
- Equipment and Platform manufacturers and vendors
- CRM, Billing and Rating System suppliers
- Intelligent Software, Middleware developers and service providers
- Innovators in the mobile industry
- Mobile Operators and Service Providers
- New or enhanced messaging services
- Rich Communications
- IMS platforms
- LBS platforms
- Storage, back-up and archive solutions
- Conferencing products
- Rating, Billing and CRM platforms which could support, for example, bundling, allowance sharing, differentiated charging for certain data/content etc.
- New service concepts delivered from the network
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation in the solution, or the way it is delivered from the network
- Enhancement of existing value added services that a network (operator) can deliver
- Scalability of the solution
- Interoperability with all device and OS types and customers on other networks where appropriate
- Techniques or functionality that make the service easy for subscribers to use
- From a network integration perspective, the degree to which the platform or solution can be quickly and efficiently deployed into the network.
- The anticipated ROI for this new service or evidence of customer take up
- How this service uses capability within the mobile network (particularly to distinguish the service from native Apps for example)
- Entries must demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and (up to Year end) 2016
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the brand name of your service or service platform? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry, including what customer service challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it actually work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implemented and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- If this product or service is a new release or update to an existing version, please explain the key differences and advances available in this release compared to the previous version. Please note that it is only the new release enhanced features or functions that the judges will consider (approx. 100 words)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about your entry? (approx. 250 words)
- What are the key attributes and benefits of this entry for the mobile user? Describe the value proposition for the user (approx. 250 words)
- How does entry use the capabilities within the mobile network and how has it leveraged these to deliver the service? (approx. 250 words)
- Give evidence of the market success or take up rate of your platform or solution including customer take up and anticipated ROI. If the product or service is recently launched, give information on expected market take up. (approx. 250 words)
- How does the entry achieve scalability and interoperability with all device and OS types and with customers on other networks? (approx. 250 words)
- How easy and fast is it to integrate your platform or solution into the existing mobile network? Give evidence of time-scales (approx. 250 words)