2a. Best Mobile Service or Solution for Enterprise
The Best Mobile Service Solution for Enterprise award is for the individual or company judged to have introduced the most innovative mobile tools to help small, medium or large corporations and enterprise users to work smarter and “do business better” on the move.
This award recognises companies, innovators and developers that deliver best in class enterprise-wide or function specific products, services and solutions to the enterprise, be it for operations, distribution and logistics, finance and accounting, sales, HR, marketing & communications, outsourcing, field applications, project management or indeed any other aspect of business.
For end user Business or Enterprise Apps, please also see Category 4d, Best Mobile App for Business.
KPN & Accenture for Connected Workers
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile and enterprise services & solutions ecosystem that provide connectivity based products, devices, services, solutions and initiatives. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies based on open industry standards. It is for commercially available products, devices, applications or services that have been launched, in live service and operating during, and up to year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities.
- Mobile Network Operators
- Application or Software developers
- Content providers
- System integrators & Data Analytics Providers
- Corporate content providers and portal developers
- Vertical sector solutions & services providers
- Small, Medium & Large Enterprises
- Data Analytics, Measurement & Performance tools
- IT, Corporate Systems, Services & Solutions
- CRM and Enterprise Resource Planning
- Operations, Distribution & Logistics tools
- Workforce planning, Strategy and Project tools
- Finance, Accounting, Sales, HR, Marketing Platforms
- Outsourcing, Field Applications, Project Management Tools
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- How easy or intuitive is it to deploy or use?
- What are the benefits to individual users and to enterprises as a whole?
- Ease of implementation
- International applicability
- Return on investment
- Evidence of customer satisfaction e.g. testimonials
- Evidence that the product, service or solution was in “Live” implementation, specifically operating and available during 2016 and (up to Year end) 2016
- The entry must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of Entry Form Questions:
- What is the brand name of your Best Mobile Service or Solution for Enterprise? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please describe the nature of the entry, including what enterprise challenge it addresses? i.e. how does it actually work, and what is the user proposition? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be, in “live” service or implemented and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- How does your service help people to work smarter, and businesses to service better? e.g. does it provide easier access to critical information for people on the move, does it enhance customer service response times etc.? (approx. 250 words)
- What features specifically make your service easy to use and implement? (approx. 250 words, including spaces)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about it? (approx. 250 words)
- What level of ROI have customers typically derived from it and in what period? Please highlight in particular financial benefits (if available) as well as operational benefits. (approx. 250 words)
- What is your future vision for growth, development and scalability of the product, services or solution? (approx. 250 words)