4f. Best Overall Mobile App (Judges’ Choice)
The non-stop evolution and explosive global growth of smartphones and tablet devices over recent years has heralded a massive demand for mobile apps of every form. Hundreds of thousands of free and paid apps on the market across a variety of operating systems which has resulted in billions of downloads revolutionising mobile access to content of every kind.
This category is not open for entry, as nominations are submitted directly from and selected by our independent expert analyst, journalists, subject matter experts and leading influencer judges.
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Shortlists for Category 4 will be published in late January 2017.
All Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017.
The nominations for this category are directly provided and discussed by a panel of world leading independent journalists, analysts, academics and commentators, who will decide the shortlist and ultimate winner.
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- USPs: Key product or service capabilities and value of the use case
- Personalisation: What level of customization is offered?
- Simplicity: Complexity of technology used converted into Simplicity for the user
- Mobility: Makes good use of mobile connectivity
- Value for money: Depending on whether the model is free or paid
- Design: Great quality design, compelling and sticky experience
- Longevity: Apps that aren’t gimmicky/ novel or short term
- Success/Evidence: User adoption, and evidence of success
- Privacy: What level of privacy and data protection is offered?