4e. Most Innovative Mobile App
For Most Innovative Mobile App, we are seeking genuine technical, commercial, or business model innovation in a mobile app that benefits consumer or enterprise users, with unprecedented new functionality, features, content, use cases, accessibility value or convenience.
This award aims to recognise developers that are moving the app experience and market to the next level in terms of technology and business model leadership in areas such as: modular design or creative UIs, augmented reality, social media integration, innovative new thinking for the cloud, new commerce solutions, the use of device functionality such as sensors, VR, AR, UHD or 360˚ cameras, task oriented apps, apps that serve and drive the Internet of Things, or unlock compelling new mobile based capabilities for users, for example.
The App in question could be new. We don’t necessarily need to see uptake in the market. We want our judges to spot the trending App before it trends. Innovation, the potential for longevity and a balanced business plan are the highest -ranking aspects we are looking for.
L’Oreal Paris International
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
The process to enter the Most Innovative Mobile App is simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a gameplay video on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the game
To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps. The app must have been live and available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of 2016, in at least one country. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technology based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
Eligible entrants include:
- Application & Software Developers
- Mobile Operators
- Content providers and brand owners
- Service providers from any vertical sector or industry
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- What’s new, different or unique in terms of the technology, business model, capabilities or use case
- Complexity of the above converted into Simplicity for the user
- Makes good use of mobility and network resources and capabilities
- Great quality design, compelling and sticky experience
- Apps that aren’t gimmicky/ novel or short term
- Utilisation of device hardware – the Smartphones or Connected Device’s key features and functions
- UI design, appeal, stickiness and ease of use
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Most Innovative Mobile App? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 85 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)