4c. Best Mobile Video, TV or Film App
The rise and rise of Smartphones, combined with the global roll out of 4G broadband networks continues to enhance the user experience of video based entertainment infinitely.
With the explosive growth of video, some astonishing audience trends for multi-screening and the growth of video on demand streaming services TV broadcast are emerging. Where viewing experiences were once confined to the living room, mobile has untethered access to digital media, video, film, and TV. Where creation and production was confined to the studio, mobile has unleashed a youth-quake of User Generated Content on video and social platforms across the world.
This award is to showcase the very best and most compelling apps in the field of media, film, TV and Video content; those driving eyeballs and audiences to consumption and engagement on the move, as well as those forging technology innovation, such as UHD, IPTV and OTT.
This category is open to entry and open to all forms of mobile multimedia and film, TV, video or media apps embracing the digital revolution. It is open to all players in the app eco-system, from mobile operators, broadcasters, video platforms, studios, media companies and app developers creating and delivering media based apps and content, and will be judged by leading independent mobile and application experts.
Quickplay for HOOQ app
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
The process to enter the Video, TV or Film App is simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a gameplay video on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the game
To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps. The app must have been live, implemented and available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of 2016, in at least one country. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Broadcast, TV, Movie & Video Creators Owners & Distributors
- Media, News & Publishing companies
- Application Developers
- User Generated Content Developers
- Content Aggregators & Software Developers
- Mobile Device Manufacturers & Providers
- Mobile Operators in partnership with any of the above
Preview of Entry Form Questions
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Quality & depth of content available
- Simple, Intuitive User interface, good user experience
- New Innovation, in terms of new technologies or unique functionality, content choice or capabilities
- Value for money (if subscription) and sustainability of concept
- Audience statistics (if available)
- What makes it enjoyable and useful for viewing on mobile
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Mobile Video, Film or TV App? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)