Category 6: Best Mobile Technology
6d. Best Mobile Identity, Safeguard & Security Products/Solutions
This category is awarded for the best use of technology to safeguard customers using the full range of the GSM family of mobile services. We are looking here for products and solutions that protect customers against abuses of privacy, fraud, malicious activity, eavesdropping or theft. As the mobile services eco-system expands and diversifies at every increasing pace, so the potential dangers intensify for mobile customers. This award will be made to the best use of technology to safeguard customers, their identity, account balances and personal data. This award will also consider technologies which allow customers to safely personalise their mobile services and empowering customers to allow them to screen unwanted or intrusive calls and messages as well as protection when using data services such as web browsing or visiting social network sites.
Examples of this are:
- Securing personal and sensitive customer data
- Prevention of fraudulent access to customers accounts
- Prevention of stealing electronic identity and fraudulent use of customers account and services
- Self provision of safeguarding measures such as screening and filtering of unwanted calls and messages.
- Protection of vulnerable groups from inappropriate content or dangers from using social network sites
- Protection of customer hardware and integrity of their equipment and devices
- Protection to customers from intrusion and hacking and illegal intercept
- Antivirus, firewalls and malware protection on mobile handsets, tablets and other devices
The judges will shortlist five entries in this category, with one winner announced at Mobile Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 25th February 2014.
Entry is open to all suppliers of technology aimed at safeguarding the customer and protecting the operator from fraud. The technology should be applicable to services offered on the GSM family of technologies
Entry is open to:
- Mobile Operators supplying security solutions to their customers
- Suppliers of technologies in the GSM Mobile environment aimed at safeguarding customers and operators
- Manufacturers and Vendors
- Software developers and service providers
- Innovators in the mobile industry
The platform, equipment, software or service entered must have been launched and commercially available prior to the closing deadline of the awards – Friday 6th December 2013. This must include at least one full commercial deployment carrying live customers or demonstrable use of the service or platform. Trials or Beta System deployments are not considered to be eligible. Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as the end user launch date of the service, including details of countries or regions where the service is available.
The Entry Deadline has been extended until Friday 6th December 2013.
Entries for the Best Mobile Infrastructure Technology category will be judged on the following main criteria:
- How does the use of the technology safeguard and protect the customer?
- Simplicity of use (by Operator and/or Customer)
- Innovative aspects of the solution.
- Does this technology allow access to new services by eliminating security issues?
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
This year, the submission of video to support your entry/entries is very positively encouraged. You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between 3 and 5 minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload 5 additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration pdfs for customer testimonials etc, Jpeg for photos or PowerPoint for technical diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two).
Specific Entry Form Questions for this category:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of entry form questions:
- What is the brand name of your Safeguarding Technology (if applicable)? (i.e. the entry) Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Give evidence that the product or solution was commercially available and in use before 29 November 2013 and in which markets? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- If this product or service is a new release or update to an existing version, please explain the key differences and advances available in this release compared to the previous version. Please note that it is only the new release enhanced features or functions that the judges will consider (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- How and to what extent does your security technology protect and safeguard users of mobile services in the GSM family? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Give evidence of the market success or take up rate of your technology (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about your security technology for safeguarding users? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Does your technology allow the user to personalise and customise their services to protect their preferred usage is services. This includes the ability to screen or filter unwanted calls and messages. (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use one URL that is specific and relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.