Category 1: The Connected Life Awards
1a. Best Mobile Health Product or Service
The Best Mobile Health Product or Service award recognises the rapidly emerging and growing arena of mobile connectivity in healthcare.
This includes all aspects of mobile healthcare that we are seeing emerge today, from lifestyle, health coaching and decentralised access to healthcare and remote diagnosis solutions, chronic disease management & healthcare monitoring as well as treatment compliance. In other words, this category is for all areas where mobile has the potential to address one of the biggest challenges faced globally; how to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible to all while utilising the benefits of mobile technology for innovative prevention, diagnosis, treatments and health system services.
Entries are welcome for mHealth products, devices, solutions, services, applications and initiatives.
The shortlist will be published by the GSMA in January 2014, and one winner in each category will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 25th February 2014.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile & health (mHealth) ecosystem that provide connectivity based products, devices, services, solutions, applications and initiatives.
The category is for commercially available products, devices, applications or services that have been launched in at least one country/ market OR are in widespread market trials before the awards deadline (entrants will be required to provide more information about the extent of trials).
The Entry Deadline has been extended until Friday 6th December 2013.
Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as launch or trial dates, including details of countries or regions where the product is available or trial undertaken.
Eligible entrants include:
- mHealth equipment manufacturers
- mHealth solution providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Apllication or Software Developers
- Chipset and module manufacturers
- Academic & Research Institutions
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation in terms of functionality, technology deployed, business models and market potential
- Usability: How simple/easy is it to use?
- How it taps into new under-served market segments
- How it fulfils the needs of patients, medical professionals or health institutions with new levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Evidence of user take up and market success
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
The submission of video to support your entry/entries is highly encouraged.
You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between three and five minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found easily (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload 5 additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration pdfs, such as for customer testimonials, jpeg for photos or PowerPoint for technical diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two.
Specific Entry Form Questions:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of entry form questions:
- What is the brand or name of your Mobile Health entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Please describe as simply as possible, the nature of the device, product, service, solution or application/ initiative and the user proposition i.e. how does it actually work, what medical need is it intended to fulfil? Please describe it as accurately and simply as possible (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- When was it launched and in which markets? If in market trials please state when they began, where they have taken place and the scale of the trials? Please also describe the primary target audience? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- Please describe what you regard as innovative about the entry and what technology is used to launch the service? ( 1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What is the business model and the market potential or scalability you foresee? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What makes it simple to use and compelling as a new proposition for patients, medical professionals and health institutions? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What is the ‘wireless’ element designed to communicate, and with what/who? How does it technically work? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Please provide evidence of healthcare impact (safety, efficiency, cost, system, adoption) since launch, or trial results? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use one URL that is specific and relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.