Category 2: Best Mobile Services
2d. Best Network Product or Solution for Serving Customers
This category is awarded for the best network based platform or solution for delivering services to customers. In a world where Apps are increasingly gaining ground in the services arena, we should not lose sight of the critical importance of network delivered products and services which are often richer and more sophisticated in nature, offering a contrast and a different flavour of services to the end user.
This award will be made to the best service platform or services solution deployed in the mobile network. The Best Network Product or Service award has been developed to recognise the contributions that middleware and software application developers make as well as the great variety of Value Added Service providers and Billing System vendors make to enhancing the service delivery environment and attracting new mobile users. The service may be delivered on new platforms or existing platforms in the network but must be network centric.
Examples of this are:
- New or enhanced messaging services
- Rich Communication Suite
- IMS platforms
- LBS platforms
- Storage, back-up and archive solutions
- Conferencing products
- Rating, Billing and CRM platforms
- New service concepts delivered from the network
The shortlist will be published by the GSMA in January 2013, and one winner in each category will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 26th February 2013.
Entry is open to all suppliers of equipment, software and technology platforms aimed at delivering services to the customer from the network. The technology should be applicable to services offered on the GSM family of technologies
Entry is open to:
- Suppliers of products and services technologies in the Mobile environment
- Equipment and Platform manufacturers and vendors
- Billing and Rating suppliers
- Software and middleware developers and service providers
- Innovators in the mobile industry
The product or service entered must have been either in market trials or launched and commercially available in at least one market prior to the closing deadline of the awards Friday 30th November 2012. Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as launch date of the trial or service, including details of countries or regions where it is available.
Entries for the Best Mobile Infrastructure Technology category will be judged on the following main criteria:
- Factors that are truly unique or innovative about your service and/or the way it is delivered from the network
- Enhancement of existing value added services that a network can deliver
- Scalability of the solution and interoperability with all devices and customers on other networks where appropriate
- Techniques or functionality that make the service easy for subscribers to use
- From a network integration perspective, the degree to which the platform or solution can be quickly and efficiently deployed into the network.
- The anticipated ROI for this new service or evidence of customer take up
- How this service uses capability within the mobile network
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
This year, the submission of video to support your entry/entries is very positively encouraged. You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between three and five minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found easily (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload five additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration PDF for customer testimonials etc, JPEG for photos or Powerpoint for technical diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two.
Specific Entry Form Questions for this category:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of Entry form Questions:
- What is the brand name of your service or service platform? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Give evidence that the product or solution was commercially available before 30 November 2012 and in which markets? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- Please describe as simply as possible, the nature of the product or service i.e. what is it and how does it work? Please describe it as accurately and succinctly as possible (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- If this product or service is a new release or update to an existing version, please explain the key differences and advances available in this release compared to the previous version. Please note that it is only the new release enhanced features or functions that the judges will consider (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about your network service platform or solution? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- How does this service use the capabilities within the mobile network and how has your platform or solution leveraged this to deliver the service? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- Give evidence of the market success or take up rate of your platform or solution including customer take up and anticipated ROI (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- How does the platform or solution achieve scalability and interoperability with all devices and customers on other networks (where appropriate)? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- How easy is it to integrate your platform or solution into the existing mobile network? Give evidence of timescales(1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use one URL that is specific and relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.