Category 2: Best Mobile Services
2a. Best Enterprise Mobile Service
The Best Enterprise Mobile Service award will be presented to the organisation judged to have introduced the most innovative mobile tools to help corporations or enterprise users to work smarter and “do business better” on the move. This award seeks to recognise innovators and market driving operators, vendors and app developers that deliver best in class products and solutions to the enterprise, from cloud services for accounting, sales, HR, logistics, communications, to outsourcing or point of sale applications, for example.
The shortlist will be published by the GSMA in January 2013, and one winner in each category will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 26th February 2013.
This category is open to companies and organisations that develop or deliver mobile enterprise products, applications and services. These may include:
- Mobile Network Operators
- Application Developers
- Content providers
- System integrators
- Corporate content providers and portal developers
This category is for commercially available enterprise services that have been launched and are available in at least one market by the awards entry deadline of Friday 30th November 2012.
Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as launch date of the product or service, including details of countries or regions where the service is available.
Entries will be judged on the following main criteria:
- How easy is it to use?
- What are the benefits to individual users and to enterprises as a whole?
- Ease of implementation
- International applicability
- Return on investment
- Evidence of customer satisfaction e.g. testimonials
Entry forms, supporting materials & formats:
This year, the submission of video to support your entry/entries is very positively encouraged. You may provide one URL to a video link demonstrating your entry. This should be either privately or publicly posted to YouTube (if a private post, please provide a user name and password for judges to access). The video should be between three and five minutes in length, but no more.
If pointing judges to a website within your entry, please include one website URL, where specific information relating to your product or service entry can be found easily (judges will not surf websites looking for the information).
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide multimedia. You will have the ability to upload five additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be illustration PDF for customer testimonials etc, JPEG for photos or PowerPoint for technical diagrams or statistics, but please keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a maximum of two.
Specific Entry Form Questions for this category:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text/character length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
Preview of entry form questions:
- What is the brand name of your entered enterprise service? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (150 characters = approx 25 words)
- When was it commercially launched, and in which markets is it currently available? (500 characters = approx 85 words)
- If this product or service is a new release or update to an existing version, please explain the key differences and advances available in this release compared to the previous version. Please note that it is only the new release enhanced features or functions that the judges will consider (500 characters = approx. 85 words)
- Please describe the nature of your service, and the unique selling proposition and key user benefits? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- How does your service help people to work smarter, and businesses to service better? e.g. does it provide easier access to critical information for people on the move, does it enhance customer service response times etc.? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What features specifically make your service easy to use and implement? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words, including spaces)
- Please describe what is unique, new or innovative about it? (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
- What return on their investment have customers typically enjoyed from it? Please highlight in particular financial benefits (if available) as well as operational benefits. (1,500 characters = approx 250 words)
Please note: Use one URL that is specific and relevant to the category and will help judges further understand your entry, but due to the number of entries received, judges will not have time to surf company websites looking for further information on the entered product/service or initiative.