2b. Best Use of Mobile for Advertising or Marketing
Through the explosive growth of Smartphones and the widespread roll-out of broadband networks, the mobile advertising media and marketing sector is continuing to expand, evolve and flourish at lightning speed. As a result, reflected global brand spend is gravitating rapidly toward the mobile platform, as advertisers and creative agencies strive for new levels of consumer engagement, activation and transactions through mobile first campaign strategies.
Latest analysis reflects the swing toward dynamic campaigns that reach consumers with new levels of personal engagement, interaction and activation. Recent forecasts suggest that the mobile advertising segment could grow to US$84.8bn by 2020 (PWC).
The aim of the Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing award is for creative, brand and marketing leadership to showcase innovative campaigns, platforms and brand focused innovation that are driving the huge shift in the battle for consumer attention and active engagement. From entry level campaigns through to fully integrated cross channel advertising i.e. from sophisticated in-app advertising, branded content and integration with social media, this category highlights excellence in the use of the mobile medium to target and reach customers in innovative, responsible, personalized, contextual and ever more creative ways.
Opera Mediaworks, Mindshare & Wanda Digital for Rexona
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
Below you will find information on eligibility, criteria, supporting materials as well as the questions that you will be asked on the entry form.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
The judges will review and score your entry on the basis of the information that you provide in answer to the questions, so please be as accurate and succinct as possible.
Note on The Importance of Video as part of your entry: While you can also add supporting materials in the form of documents, pictures and presentations within the entry form, a short video (of maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission will help our judges significantly, in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and partner, client or user benefits.
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile media, marketing and creative ecosystem that develop connectivity based campaigns, applications, services and solutions etc. The subject of the entry must utilise, support, deploy or be accessible via mobile technologies. Entrants must also demonstrate “Live” implementation, specifically that the campaign, service or solution was deployed and available during, and up to Year end 2016.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive. We very much welcome entries from partnerships or a combination of these entities.
- Digital, Creative, Advertising or Marketing agencies
- Brand and Content Owners & Licensees
- Media planners & buyers
- Mobile operators
- Retailers, Commercial Enterprises
- Content aggregators, and Online Media
- Application& Software Developers
- Data Analytics, Measurement, Metrics and Consulting organisations
- Mobile Video: from Social and Viral to Branded Content
- Location based or Targeted campaigns
- Interactive Content & Campaigns
- Programmatic & Display advertising
- Mobile games & gamification
- Apps & In app advertising
- In-store experiential, activation & transactional
- Innovative use of Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
- Traditional text based campaigns
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- What were the objectives of the service, application, solution or campaign, how well did it meet its targets?
- How the entry demonstrates creativity and high quality production
- How the entry leverages the unique characteristics of the mobile medium, and/or integrates with other media, e.g. social media to achieve its objectives
- Innovative conveyance of the key advertising message
- Demonstrates responsible approaches to protecting users from unwanted, obtrusive or offensive content
- Interactive response rates achieved as part of the trial or campaign
- Evidence of audience impact e.g. evidence of market success
- Evidence that the application, service or campaign was launched and available during (and up to the end of 2016)
You can submit additional materials to support your entry through direct upload on the entry form. Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- A link to one x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Up to three x 1 page documents (word, pdf, ppt) with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Up to three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video on the entry form (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English subtitles.
Other supporting information Documents can include data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry.
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Best Use of Mobile for Advertising or Marketing entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- What are or were the stated objectives of the service, application, solution or campaign etc. at the outset? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the subject of the entry was deployed, or will be implemented and available on the market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to see, buy or access during (to year end) 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx.100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)
- What is new, innovative or unique about the entry from a creative, strategic, technology or other aspect? What forms of ad inventory were utilised? (approx. 250 words)
- How did it leverage the mobile medium to maximum effect, and how did it integrate with other media to achieve its objectives? (approx. 250 words)
- Please explain steps taken to ensure it was delivered in an unobtrusive way (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide specific impact evidence to demonstrate the success of the campaign against your stated measurement criteria? (approx. 250 words)
- Can you provide a specific customer testimonial, if the campaign was created and delivered on behalf of a client? (approx. 250 words)