4d. Best Mobile App for Business
The Best Mobile App for Business is recognises enterprise and productivity apps judged to have introduced the most innovative mobile tools to help small, medium or large corporations and enterprise users. It recognises companies, innovators and developers that deliver best in class mobile working tools across a wide range of business, productivity and enterprise applications.
For mobile services and solutions aimed at enterprise organisations themselves, please see category 2a, Best Mobile Service or Solution for Enterprise.
This is a new category for 2017
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
The process to enter the Best Mobile App for Business is simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a video on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps. The app must have been available for users to access or buy during and up to the year-end 2016, in at least one country. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technology based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Application & Software Developers
- Content Aggregators & Middleware Developers
- Mobile Operators & Mobile Equipment Manufacturers
- Business Intelligence, Analytics and Strategic Consultancies
- Marketing, Communications, Finance, Accounting, IT and HR organisations
- Publishers, Media companies
- Payment, Marketplace, Project & Planning platforms
- Retail, Wholesale, Hospitality, Catering, Travel
- Property, Security, Risk & Safety companies
- All other relevant vertical sectors
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Simplicity, reliability & ease of use
- Degree of personalisation or customisation and feedback mechanisms
- Depth of capabilities provided, inclusion of, or integration with other applications such as analytics or social media
- New Innovation, in terms of new technologies or unique functionality, content choice or capabilities
- Well-designed, intuitive interface focused on usability
- Makes good use of mobility
- Relevance, business value and richness of overall user experience
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Mobile App for Business? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform (approx. 85 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to year end 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile (cellular) technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)