4a. Best Mobile App for the Connected Lifestyle
Mobile innovation to enhance the connected lifestyle never stops unlocking new experiences every day; experiences that make life more efficient, enjoyable, informative, safer and smarter.
These days, consumers expect new applications to integrate with their lives and so this award showcases the very best and most compelling Apps that allow people to do more through their mobile device and in better ways than ever before. Whether that is to communicate, organize, socialise, find information, enjoy and share media or make purchases on mobile devices anywhere and at any time.
The Best Mobile App for Lifestyle is open to entry to all players in the app eco-system developing and delivering apps in the key lifestyle segments and therefore open to a broad range of mobile applications.
We welcome, for example Apps related to health & wellbeing, smart homes, commerce & shopping, social networking, education & learning, fashion, sports, publishing, media, games and entertainment, automotive, transport and travel & leisure, utilities and indeed any other areas where being connected enables a smarter, stress free and enjoyable way of life.
This is a new category for 2017
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd November 2016
The Shortlist will be published in late January 2017
Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona 27th February – 2nd March 2017
The process to enter the Best Mobile App for the Connected Lifestyle Category is simple.
All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider will set your entry apart
- A link to where the app can be downloaded, either from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a video about it on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information. Once underway, you can save, return to and amend your entry at any time until you formally submit.
While you can also add and submit documents with written supporting material on the entry form, a short video (maximum 3 minutes) linked to your submission is vital for our judges to visualise the use case, understand what the app does, see insights on latest innovation and fully understand the user benefits.
Please also refer to the Rules of Entry and frequently asked questions sections for additional information. To begin your entry, click the ‘Enter Here’ button, and complete the registration information.
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps. The app must have been available for users to access or buy during (and up to the end of) 2016, in at least one country. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technology.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Application Developers
- Publishers, Designers & content owners
- Content Aggregators & Middleware Developers
- Any vertical sector organization
- Mobile Device Manufacturers
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation: What’s new, different or innovative in terms of the technology or business model
- USPs: Key product or service capabilities and value of the use case
- Personalisation: What level of customization is offered?
- Simplicity: Complexity of technology used converted into Simplicity for the user
- Mobility: Makes good use of mobile connectivity
- Design: Great quality design, compelling and sticky experience
- Longevity: Apps that aren’t gimmicky/ novel or short term
- Success: User adoption, and evidence of success
- Privacy: What level of privacy and data protection is offered?
- Evidence: Case studies or audience statistics to reflect market success
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Best Mobile App for the Connected Lifestyle? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on YouTube, Vimeo or other public video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live and available in at least one market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during (to year end) 2016, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that your entry utilises, supports, deploys or is accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards? (approx. 100 words)