- Awards 2015
- Categories 2015
- All Categories 2015
- Category 1: The Connected Life Awards
- 1a: Best Mobile Innovation for Health
- 1b: Best Mobile Innovation for Education & Learning
- 1c: Best Mobile Innovation for Automotive
- 1d: The NFC & Mobile Money Award
- 1e: Best Use of Mobile for Retail, Brands & Commerce
- 1f: Best Mobile Innovation for the ‘Internet of Things’
- 1g: The Mobile Connect Award for Best Mobile Authentication and Identity Solution
- 1h: Best Mobile Enabled Consumer Electronics Device
- Category 2: Best Mobile Services
- Category 3: Social & Economic Development
- 3a. Best Mobile Product, Initiative or Service in Emerging Markets
- 3b. Best Mobile Product or Service for Women in Emerging Markets
- 3c. Best Use of Mobile in Emergency or Humanitarian Situations
- 3d: Best Mobile App, Service or Initiative for Accessibility & Inclusion
- 3e: Best Device for Mobile Accessibility & Inclusion
- 3f: The Green Mobile Award
- Category 4: Apps of the Year
- Category 5: Best Mobile Handsets & Devices
- Category 6: Best Mobile Technology
- 6a. Best Mobile Infrastructure
- 6b: Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough
- 6c: Best Technology Enabler
- 6d: Best Solution for Growing Smaller or Independent Networks
- 6e: Best Security/ Anti-Fraud Product or Solution
- 6f: Broadband for All: Outstanding LTE Contribution
- 6g: Outstanding Overall Mobile Technology – The CTO’s choice
- Category 7: Government Mobile Excellence Awards
- Category 8: GSMA Chairman’s Award 2014
- Press & Media
- Awards History
- Contact Us
Rules of Entry
The GSMA ‘s Global Mobile Awards 2015 are open to all eligible mobile industry and supporting industry companies in the broad eco-system, as defined in the individual category eligibility sections in each category (most include GSMA Members, Associate Members or Non-members). All apps, products, services, solutions, initiatives etc. entered must be supportive of, or be deployed over/accessible through mobile networks.
All products or services submitted for the Global Mobile Awards must have been commercially available in at least one market or territory ahead of the awards deadline of Friday 5th December 2014, except where trials and pilots are eligible as per the individual category eligibility descriptions.
Products, apps, service, initiatives, campaigns etc. entered can be developed, manufactured or provided anywhere in the world.
The ‘Rules of Entry’ as defined here for the Global Mobile Awards 2015 (“Rules”) incorporate the Awards General Terms & Conditions. The Terms shall govern in event of conflict. You agree to be bound by the Rules and Terms by submitting an entry for the Awards.
Awards Deadline and Closing Date
The final closing date for entries to the Global Mobile Awards is Friday 5th December 2014 at 5pm GMT.
Entry Form Submission
Entries must be submitted online via the GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards Web Site with credit card or bank transfer of the appropriate fee.
Entries will only be accepted when submitted in the English language except for Category 7, The Government Mobile Excellence Awards only. When uploading supporting files, to accompany entries (supporting materials) please ensure that they are in English. Videos in other languages are acceptable with English subtitles.
Following electronic confirmation of receipt of the entry form by the GSMA, you will be emailed with an Entry Reference Number. This number should be stated on any payment details or queries.
There is no maximum number of entries permitted from a single organisation. You can submit as many different entries to as many categories as you would like. However, each individual entry submitted is liable to a separate entry fee, although we are pleased to offer discounts for multiple entries this year. (See below).
- €450 for the first entry by GSMA Members & Associate Member
- €350 for each additional entry from the same organisation
- €500 for the first entry by Non GSMA Members & Associate Members
- €400 for each additional entry from the same organisation
Category 3: Social and Economic Development (For All entrants)
- €200 for the first entry
- €100 for each additional entry from the same organisation
There are no fees for entering Category 7: The Government Mobile Excellence Awards.
On-line payment by credit card is preferred. We accept AMEX, Visa & Mastercard. For queries regarding payment, please contact [email protected]. If credit card payment is not possible, you can do a wire transfer, bank details can be found here.
Please ensure you mark your payment with your Entry Reference Number, which you are provided with once your entry is submitted when making payment.
Entries will not be processed until full payment has been received.
Payment & Closing Date
Complete entries must be received and paid in full by the final deadline date to be considered. Entry fees paid by international money order must be received, together with the completed entry form, prior to, or by the final deadline of Friday 5th December 2014 (5:00pm GMT).
Entry fees are payable for each entry submitted, as above. One entry is defined as a submission proposing a product, service, initiative or company for one Award category or sub-category. Entry fees are non-refundable. A secure online payment system is provided by Secure Trading.
Additional Supporting Materials
Additional on-line documents are accepted for each categories (please check category description under ‘Entry forms, supporting materials & formats’). Video submissions are not mandatory but will help our judges significantly in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and user benefits.
Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- One x 3 minute (maximum) video
- Three x 1 page documents with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Video: Please provide aURLlink to your video (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) on the entry form and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English sub titles.
Other supporting information to a maximum of three x 1 page documents, could consist of independent information or data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. to support your entry. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a minimum of one per document
Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the independent judging panel on the entry form and additional supporting materials where required (see above). Details of the judging panel meetings will not be disclosed, nor will correspondence be entered into by the GSMA regarding validation or qualification of entries or the decision of the judges.
Entries will be treated by the GSMA as strictly confidential. Only details of the award winners and a shortlist of selected commended or nominated entries in each category will be published prior to, or after the presentation. Please note however that entries are judged by external journalists, analysts and many others for which we cannot guarantee confidentiality, so please do not submit entries or material within them that you do not wish to have in the public domain.
The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The nominees will be notified, and announced publicly in a press release during February 2015, prior to the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (2-5th March 2015). The Global Mobile Awards presentation will take place on Tuesday 3rd March 2015.
By entering the GSMA ‘s Global Mobile Awards, companies are expressly authorising the GSMA to use the specific text, video and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the GSM industry in GSMA presentations, reports for publication, web site and media activities as well as all other forms of promotional/publicity materials post the awards event.
For general enquiries regarding the Global Mobile Awards 2015, please contact [email protected]